Content Marketing Manager
Midstream Lighting is a global manufacturer of advanced LED lighting solutions for the marine port, aviation, and sports stadium industries. The company’s innovative solutions and rapid growth have earned it the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation and recognition as an FT Fast Track 100 company & Deloitte UK 50 Fast Technology Company.
The organisation is a pioneer in the technology it designs & develops, and has been the market leader for the last 10 years, enjoying continuous year on year growth in both domestic and international markets.
With no plans to sit back and rest on our success, our ambitious team is working hard to become the world’s biggest and first choice in LED lighting solutions.
The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing a persona-based and segmented content strategy to drive positive engagement at all stages of the customer experience and generate leads, subscribers, and brand awareness. You will own and execute the full content production process from generating specific topics and ideas, producing or sourcing long and short-form content, editing content, and delivering full content packages.
This is a newly created role. We’re looking for an experienced and creative content professional with demonstrable creative writing skills who can help articulate and amplify our company story to our key audiences in Maritime, Aviation, Sports and Horticulture.
You will report to the Head of Marketing and work closely with the Product Marketing Manager and Sales team.
- Own the annual marketing editorial/content calendar with a mix of customer-centric content formats to support demand generation, field marketing, product marketing, and digital
- Previous experience using Hubspot is essential for this role to optimise persona-based nurture paths and customer journey mapping
- Research industry and audience trends in order to develop engaging content that inspires and speaks to the audience’s pain points. Channels include blogs, whitepapers and ebooks, videos, infographics, guides, thought leadership, newsletters, emails and nurture campaigns
- Manage blog calendar and posts, including writing original content and overseeing third-party contributions
- Integrate keywords into your strategy and evaluate the effectiveness, optimising SEO
- Manage organic social media campaigns and posts
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to enable content ideas and collaborations
- Coordinate with designers and agencies to produce final collateral, including supporting assets
- Brief and empower colleagues to share and advocate our brand and services
- Prepare regular internal reports that provide insight into content performance against key targets
- Provide copywriting and copyediting support for other business activities as needed
- Work with and contribute to internal knowledge sharing with the EMEA and global teams
Essential Skills and Experience
- Passionate about brand storytelling, content & industry trends, and innovations in branded content space
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and be resourceful while working in a fast-paced environment
- Accountability, hard worker with the commitment to perform tasks on deadline
- Proactive collaborator and problem-solver with demonstrated ability to oversee a project from concept to completion
- Experience in using Hubspot is essential
- Experience in developing and implementing multichannel content marketing campaigns
- Experience in working with, influencing, and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Extensive B2B marketing experience with at least 3-5 years of writing and content creation experience
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate with impact (written and verbal), with an eye for detail
Why join us
- Be part of an exciting, award-winning business where you can bring your ideas and your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday, plus UK bank holidays
- Flexible working policy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Fresh fruit and health snacks in the office
- Monthly social activities
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
- Training and Learning programme and budget for your personal and professional development