Logistics Specialist – Project Logistics
Midstream Lighting is a pioneering technology company that designs and manufactures best-in-class LED lighting solutions for the aviation, sports stadium and maritime industries around the world. From being the ‘new kid on the block’ to global market leader took us less than ten years. We’ve picked up award after award en route, including the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation 2018 and International Trade in 2020, and recognition as a Financial Times Fast Track 100 company & Deloitte UK Fast 50 Technology Company – each one reflects our continued commitment to innovation – for our clients, employees and the industry. With no plans to sit back and rest on our success, our ambitious team is working hard to become the world’s biggest and first choice in LED lighting solutions.
Joining the Midstream Team
We’ve grown rapidly and continue to do so with offices now in London, Milan and Ohio, and our teams around the world all have the same values working towards the same mission. We like to challenge the status quo, simplify complex challenges, and we don’t take shortcuts, but we do this together in an environment that is full of energy and allows you to be empowered in the role you have.
We are seeking an experienced Logistics Specialist to manage project logistics. This vital role, which involves 40% of time quoting new jobs and 60% handling day-to-day logistics, is central to the successful global transportation of goods and project delivery. Reporting to the Supply chain manager, the Logistics Specialist will work closely with the project delivery team, formulating and executing logistics plans to ensure efficient and cost-effective movement of goods from international locations to end customers while providing exceptional customer service.
This role will give you:
- Experience in a fast-growing technology company working with a global portfolio of clients
- Exposure to all commercial areas of the business
- Career Progression opportunities
- Support and training programs
- The opportunity to work with talented people in a fast-paced and fun environment;
- Involvement in building a globally recognized product company
- Project Logistics and Quoting (40% of role): Develop and implement strategic logistics plans for new projects, including preparing detailed cost estimates. Ensure coordination with various teams to guarantee timely delivery of services.
- Global Coordination: Oversee third-party logistics providers (3PLs) for transporting goods across international borders, handling diverse regulatory environments adeptly.
- Supplier and Partner Relations: Cultivate and maintain robust relationships with suppliers, freight forwarders, and logistics partners to ensure smooth logistics operations.
- Cost Management: Oversee and control logistics expenses, ensuring operations are within budgetary constraints and adhere to quality standards.
- Risk Management: Proactively identify, assess, and mitigate potential risks in logistics operations. Develop comprehensive contingency plans to address these risks effectively.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure strict adherence to international trade regulations and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation for all logistics activities.
- Customer Service Excellence: Regularly update customers on their shipments, maintaining high satisfaction levels through effective communication.
- Day-to-day logistics Management (60% of role): Oversee daily logistics operations, ensuring they are seamless and efficient. Provide an effective communication channel that allows real-time visibility into any upcoming shipments or goods in transit.
- Team Collaboration and Continuous Improvement: Work closely with the project delivery team, regularly reviewing and enhancing logistics processes for continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- International logistics experience is highly preferred, particularly in the movement of heavy goods.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant apprenticeship
- CILT Qualified, or working towards
- A minimum of 4 years experience in logistics and/or operations, with international logistics expertise.
- Skilled in handling Road, Air, and Sea freight for global shipments.
- Experience working with multiple third-party logistics providers (3PLs).
- Proficiency in shipment enablement and trade compliance, especially Incoterms and export documentation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and adept in organisational and interpersonal exchanges.
- Strong observational skills, accuracy to detail and memory retention.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to effectively manage a heavy workload, set and meet targets, and take ownership of the role.
- A highly organised, detail-oriented individual capable of working under pressure, and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superior telephone communication abilities.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and ERP system skills preferred.
- Adaptability to shape and evolve the role to meet the changing needs of a fast-growing company.
- Analytical, diligent, and a natural problem-solver.
- Keen to be part of a close-knit team environment.