Unrivalled sports lighting experience and knowledge
All sports lighting has to be high-quality, totally reliable, efficient, and economic. At Midstream, we also understand specialist sporting facilities needs and environments vary greatly. For example:
Professional and high-level sports stadiums
Very best LED technology and sophisticated lighting solutions. After all, when you’re watching any great event – live or on TV – it must be crystal clear.
Aqua centres, leisure pools, indoor and outdoor training pools
have demanding atmospheric conditions. This means they need lighting that’s waterproof and robust enough to withstand both humidity and the potentially corrosive effects of chlorinated water.
Golf driving ranges
are frequently a key supplementary source of income for many golf clubs. So, high-quality, low maintenance lighting is essential to maximise the range’s availability to customers to increase the club’s revenue. And our proprietary optics extend the lighting distance of the driving range with fewer luminaries to help save the club money too.
Showjumping, evening race meets, gymkhanas, dressage, and many other equestrian disciplines
demand artificial LED lighting solutions that give them more time for hosting events and training. This helps them be more flexible when it comes to scheduling and helps increase their revenue too.
Indoor Ice rinks and arenas
must have perfect lighting that emits the least heat but still delivers high definition and colour rendering. And the light spectrum must remain stable throughout the lifetime of the luminaire.
More motorsports events
are taking place in the evenings. With the safety of drivers paramount, the entire track must be perfectly lit, and glare eliminated completely. Plus, with more being televised, only the best, most advanced LED lighting technology solutions can be used for these challenging sporting spectacles.
Our world-class sporting solutions – at a glance
- Our sports and stadia lighting LED technology solutions combine the most intelligent luminaire technologies and design expertise to meet all demands – whatever the sport.
- From day one to the final sign-off of your sports project and beyond, we can and do take care of everything.
- Midstream’s experienced in-house Lighting Design and Engineering teams have the deep level of knowledge and combined expertise to deliver flawless, high-power, full turnkey lighting solutions for all manners of sports. Top-quality solutions that give you more for less.
- Beyond design and engineering, our teams have unrivalled experience in installation supervision, project management, onsite aiming and commissioning, and troubleshooting, So, you get the support on the field, not just on a spreadsheet.
- Our high-power LED sports lighting products are manufactured to allow us to deliver projects to the most exacting specifications.
- Whatever the local government or sporting bodies’ regulations, we know and meet what’s needed.
- And we’re always developing innovative, sports-specific, high-power LED lighting products to meet the ever-evolving complex needs of all sports.
Add that all together and you can see why we’re the right choice for your next project.
How we can help you achieve your goals
we hit the mark, every time. We provide expert lighting design services right from a project’s kick-off – free of charge. Even if your requirements change as the project develops, we’ll be there to assist and support you.
no hassle and no wasted time. To make sure your installation goes smoothly, our expert engineers and supervisors can be with you from the start line to finish. Our installation teams have years of sporting experience. So, whatever the installation needs, they’ll be able to support you at every stage.
Maintenance and warranty
protecting your investment. The great thing about LED lighting is it needs far less maintenance. It’s important though that you protect your investment to maximize the life span and return on investment. So, our Lighting Warranty lasts for 10 years!
And we go that extra mile
Training and education
getting your team up to speed. Our experienced team is on hand to support you. Whether a partner, client, consultant, or engineer, we’re in your corner. We offer a range of training and educational courses to support both our product and sector partners. From technical training on our product range to installation guidance and beyond, we’ll be there for you.
Advising and consulting
let us help you make the right choice. We’ve got many years of in-depth experience across the sports sector, and a very experienced management and advisory team. We can support, advise, and consult anytime. Whether for a completely new project or to look at existing solutions, just let us know.
from launch to delivery. We can provide you with project financing solutions for your lighting projects. Through our approved financing plans we can help you to manage budgetary concerns and hurdles. We can even submit rebate and incentive applications on your behalf, to simplify the process for your project team!
Our control solutions and lighting products
Control – important in sports and sports lighting
There are a number of key factors to focus on when it comes to control. These are:
- Glare control – this must take centre stage. So, the choice of the luminaire needed has to be carefully considered.
- Energy savings – being able to manage the times the lights are used, and when, helps save money, energy, and the environment.
- Light dimming – when optimised with lighting controls, our LED lighting solutions can regulate the light levels to the sport or activity. For instance, if the space is also used at an elite level it’s usual for television broadcasts to require more light than might be needed solely for the sport in question.
Our world-leading sports lighting range
- The Modus R Series – for sports stadia
A lightweight, extremely versatile product engineered for both retrofit and new builds. Low glare, broadcast-ready, flicker-free LED floodlight designed specifically for sport, field, and large area lighting.
- The Modus S Series – for small and medium-sized sports areas
Built for small to medium-sized sports applications and offers high lumen packages with limited weight. It minimises the number of floodlights required per pole at the most competitive price.
- The Atlas R Series – for large sports areas
Offering very high lumen packages with limited weight and remote driver capability The Atlas R series is a highly efficient LED floodlight designed specifically for Military aviation and large area sports and stadia lighting.
England Athletics Lighting Guide
Do you know your Lux from your Lumen? The world of Sportsfloodlighting can seem highly complex and daunting that’s why we’re England Athletics Official Lighting Partner. It’s also why we have developed an athletics floodlighting guide to help advise and support you.
What this guide will give you
- An introductory understanding of floodlighting standards relating to track and field athletics.
- Details of the basic equipment needed to check your current lighting.
- A step-by-step process to calculate your club’s lighting levels.
- Recommendations on what you should do next, depending on your test results.
Want to know more?
For a more in-depth view on our sports expertise contact us below
All the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.