About Folkestone Invicta F.C.
Founded in 1936 and based in Kent, Folkestone Invicta is one of 22 teams to play in England’s Isthmian Premier Division. The Seasiders finished as the Division One South champions during the 2015-16 season.
Ageing lights pose problems on and off the pitch
Like any team operating within the Football Association’s (FA) league system, Folkestone Invicta is bound by certain requirements in regard to its matchday floodlighting. And, as is the case at many of the clubs playing grassroots football today, the club’s existing lighting system was struggling to keep up.
This “corner mast” system – four pylons, each with five metal halide lamps – had become increasingly inefficient. Worse still, it was beginning to prove unreliable, with both the quality and uniformity of the pitch lighting starting to suffer. Left unchecked, it was clear that the existing solution wouldn’t adhere to the FA regulations for much longer, let alone live up to the expectations of players and supporters.
A winning performance, without the need for extra time
Having initially approached a number of contractors, Invicta chose Midstream for both its wealth of experience and the company’s cost and power efficient proposal. With planning permission secured, and financial support from the Football Foundation’s Stadia Improvement Fund, Folkestone Invicta commissioned Midstream to move ahead.
With a design that managed to preserve the club’s existing mast infrastructure, the main change was the installation of 20 of Midstream’s Modus S Series LED floodlights in a like-for-like solution. Following a rapid install – brought forward by two months and installed in just two days for a crucial FA Cup replay against Eastleigh – the club now benefits from better lighting across the ground, lower energy and maintenance costs, reduced light spill into surrounding areas, and a system that’s fit for the future.
Products and services provided:
- Design, manufacture, and installation of a retrofit LED lighting solution.
- Supply of 20 Modus S Series luminaires.
- Light levels increased across the ground.
- High lighting uniformity.
- Energy reductions of around 50%.
- Significant power and maintenance cost savings.
- Complete compliance with all Football Association lighting requirements.
“We’ve been thoroughly impressed with what Midstream have delivered – not only in terms of the lighting system itself, but the way that they supported the club throughout the entirety of the process.”
Jim Pellatt, Director, Folkestone Invicta F.C
Our Modus S Series benefits at a glance:
The Modus S is built for small to medium-sized sports applications and it offers high lumen packages with minimum weight. It reduces the number of floodlights needed per mast at the most competitive price. It can be used for both retrofit and new builds and meets industry all industry standards and specifications across the applications it’s used for.
- The Series is designed with specialty light shields to provide high uniformity for sports fields and facilities as well as to specifically reduce light spill
for local neighbours and residents – an ideal solution for areas such as community and inner-city facilities
- It features a proprietary light engine that delivers up to 30% higher efficiency compared to other series.
- The two-module configuration design allows the use of multiple optics to optimize the light beam for each field type and installation height.
- It’s equipped with a single remote driver for flexible installation and weight saving.
- It’s also manufactured with a reversible angled bracket that allows for a seamless retrofit on existing masts, in both overhang and underhung configuration.
- The Modus S Series has designed to support wireless control.
- Because it’s manufactured with a stainless steel construction, the structural integrity and life of the product are extremely robust and reliable – a critical need when used across sporting environments.
- Our exclusive, patented optics deliver full compliance to spill light regulations too.
- The Series is also IP67 Rated.
want to know more?
All the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.