AAR needed to:
- Introduce new high-mast LED lighting as part of a new quay extension.
- Have the new lighting integrate with the existing high power sodium controls.
- Find solution that could also cope with the significant corrosion levels already effecting existing portside equipment.
This meant the bespoke lighting solution needed had to:
- Have an additional cable input to ‘daisy-chain’ the new lighting with the existing control system.
And be made of specialist steel.
The first step was to provide AAR with a detailed design recommendation – covering mast placement and the suggested lighting needed to meet the port’s challenges. Working closely with AAR’s engineers we agreed on a route to deliver the solution needed. This then went through an evaluation stage before a period of in-situ testing.
The lighting we proposed was our Titan 720 as it:
- Is built from corrosion resistant 316 stainless steel.
- Was the best choice to deliver the high power, low glare, and high performance needed.
- Allowed us to cut the number of masts required by two, thanks to its highly asymmetric proprietary optics. This helped reduce Capex costs greatly.
- Delivered crisp white light and high colour rendering that significantly improved the visibility of the yard and quay.
This initial project was delivered at a lower cost and in a shorter timeframe than AAR thought possible. The client was so impressed with our products and way of working they’ve awarded us other projects – without putting them to tender.
AAR Port of Aarhus
Type of Harbor:
Annual Cargo Tonnage:
LED floodlights installed:
Titan Series – 720
Lux average values:
LED floodlights installed
Lux average values
Product used for the Port of Aarhus: Titan Series
- A highly asymmetric floodlight providing an excellent solution for low glare applications.
- Our propriety optics deliver maximum light levels on designated areas.
- It’s designed for maximum heat management.
- And it’s manufactured to survive the harshest of environments, whilst delivering high performance and long life.
- Which in total makes it the go-to product for many of our aviation and maritime clients for years.
want to know more?
All the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.